Inspections & Zoning
The Zoning Department interacts daily with the citizens of McComb, developers and contractors providing information on all construction,zoning, and land use requirements for the City of McComb. The City of McComb has established rules and regulations for the construction, alteration, repair, removal, relocation, demolition, and the use of occupancy for residential and commercial structures or premises.
The Inspection Department is also responsible for the following:
- Issues building, electrical, plumbing, gas, mechanical, sign and fire inspection permits.
- Reviews plans for compliance for new construction and alteration of existing structures
- Performs inspections of various trades on new and altered buildings to assure compliance with the code
- Investigates complaints dealing with building, electrical, plumbing , gas, mechanical, zoning or property standards, such as junk materials, junk and in-operable vehicles, garbage and trash, overgrown lots,tall grass on private properties
- Handles condemnation procedures
The staff of the Inspection and Zoning Department also serves as secretary to the Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, Licensing Board of Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors and board of Adjustments and Appeals.
Should you have any questions regarding permits for building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing or sign permits for your property please contact the office at 601-249-3054 (see staff page) or have a complaint about abandoned property, dilapidated buildings, overgrown lots contact the Code Compliance Officer 601-249-3054 ext 227.
122 South Broadway Street • McComb MS 39648 • 601.249.3054